December 5, 2017
About the establishment of the new program "The study of Ninja
and Ninjutsu" in the Curriculum of Postgraduate course at the Faculty of
Humanities, Law and Economics of Mie University
By Kazuhiro Ajiki, the Dean of Faculty
of Humanities, Law and Economics
I would like to inform you that it has been decided to establish from 2018 a new specialization (MA course): A Study of Ninja and Ninjutsu. Also, beginning from 2018 we will establish in our curriculum a few new courses of lectures connected with the Study of Ninja and Ninjutsu (History and Literature). Thus it will become possible to acquire an MA degree (in Humanities) by studying the disciplines connected to the study of Ninja and Ninjutsu.
１．The Entrance Examination Procedure:
1) The application period: January 4, 2018 (Thursday) ～ January 16, 2018 (Tuesday)
2) The examination date: February 3, 2018 (Saturday); Occasional date: February 4, 2018 (Sunday).
3) The examination segments: Written examination (small essay in Japanese), Written Examination on Specialities, Oral Examination (Interview)
4) The announcement of the examination results: February 13, 2018 (Tuesday)
For more details please visit our website: here
２．The guideline to earning credits on the MA Course:
To obtain an MA degree one should complete the course equivalent of 30 credits and write an MA thesis. For the students specializing in The Study of Ninja and Ninjutsu, the model course consists of disciplines included in the groups 1-4 (The lectures are basically held in Japanese)
1) Special research I ～ Special Research IV: equivalent to 8 credits (Compulsory courses, mainly dedicated to tuition on writing a thesis)
2) The Culture and Society of Mie Prefecture I, The Culture and Society of Mie Prefecture II: equivalent to 4 credits (field study of the Culture of Mie Prefecture)
3) Lecture on Ninja Culture, Seminar on Ninja Culture, Lecture on the Historical Theory of Ninja Culture, Seminar on the Historical Theory of Ninja Culture: equivalent to 8 credits
4) The lecture on the History of Medieval Japan, The Seminar on the History of Medieval Japan, The Lecture on the Historical Theory of Medieval Japan, The Seminar on the Historical Theory of Medieval Japan, The Lecture on Japanese Medieval and Pre-Modern Literature, The Seminar on Japanese Medieval and Pre-Modern Literature, Lecture on the Theory of Japanese Medieval and Pre-Modern Literature, Seminar on the Theory of Japanese Medieval and Pre-Modern Literature: equivalent to 10 credits (selective)
We welcome students who wish to study Ninja and Ninjutsu in Mie Prefecture, the homeland of Ninja culture. Some lectures are held at Iga, the core area of Ninja culture. For foreign students we are trying to figure out a way to cover the tuition fees via the scholarship system existing in the Faculty of Humanities, Law and Economics.
Contact Information：1577 Kurimamachiya-cho Tsu city, Mie 514-8507 JAPAN
Faculty of Humanities, Law and Economics, Mie University，School Affairs Section